The recipes we love
Mexican Quinoa Salad
1/2 bag Arctic Gardens super sweet corn
1/2 bag Arctic Gardens vegetable for spaghetti or spaghettini
1/2 cup (125 ml) canola oil
1/3 cup (80 ml) lime juice
1 to 2 tbsp (15 to 30 ml) fajitas or taco seasoning
1 can black beans, 19 oz (540 ml), rinsed and drained
1 avocado, diced
1/2 cup (125 ml) freshly chopped cilantro
4 cups (1 litre) cooked quinoa, cooled
Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a large pot, bring salted water to a boil and cook vegetables for 2 minutes.
- Drain into a colander and rinse under cold water to cool down completely.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix oil with lime juice and seasoning.
- Add cooled vegetables, beans, avocado and cilantro. Mix well.
- Incorporate quinoa and season to taste. Correct the fajita seasoning to taste and serve.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
Protein: 13 g
Fat: 27 g
Carbohydrate: 50 g
Fibre: 14 g
Sodium: 395 mg