Tuna and vegetable one pot pasta
Portions4 - 6
1 can stewed tomatoes, 28 oz (796 ml)
2/3 lb (300 g) de linguine
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1/4 cup (60 ml) pesto
2 cans tuna or salmon, 5.5 oz (170 g), drained
1/4 cup (60 ml) freshly chopped basil
- In a large pot, combine the vegetables and tomatoes.
- Put the linguine in the pot. Add 750 ml (3 cups) of boiling water and season generously.
- Bring to a rolling boil and lower the heat to medium. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring frequently until the pasta is al dente and has absorbed most of the liquid.
- Remove from heat. Add pesto and tuna. Reheat while stirring gently. Cover and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Correct the seasoning and serve topped with basil and parmesan, if desired.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
Protein: 26 g
Fat: 11 g
Carbohydrate: 53 g
Fibre: 5 g
Sodium: 680 mg
Recipe ideas using this product
Cooking time4 minutes
Cooking time14 minutes
Portions6 - 8
Cooking time5 minutes