Spinach & proscuitto Quiche
- ½ bag Arctic Gardens spinach
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 ½ oz (45 g) prosciutto, minced
- ½ cup (125 ml) onion, chopped
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup (125 ml) 10% cream
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup (250 ml) your choice of grated cheese (aged cheddar, Swiss, Gouda, etc.)
- 1 10 inch (23 cm) homemade or premade pie crust, uncooked
- Preheat oven to 375o F (190o C).
- In a frying pan, heat oil on medium-high heat and brown prosciutto and onion.
- Add spinach and cook until thawed and excess water has evaporated. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs with cream and add pepper to taste.
- Add the cooled spinach mixture and grated cheese. Mix together and pour into pie crust.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until the crust is golden and the spinach mixture is firm and slightly coloured.
- Serve hot or cool.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
Protein: 15 g
Fat: 22 g
Carbohydrate: 13 g
Fibre: 2 g
Sodium: 468 mg
Recipe ideas using this product
Cooking time7 minutes
Cooking time2 minutes
Cooking time25 minutes
Portions4 - 6
Cooking time20 minutes