Root Vegetable Shepherd's Pie
Portions6 - 8
- 2 cups (500 ml) parsnips, peeled and cut into rings
- 2 cups (500 ml) turnips, cubed
- 6 cups (1.5 litre) potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) oil
- 2.2 lbs (1 kg) lean ground beef
- ½ bag Arctic Gardens spaghetti vegetable mix
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground coriander
- 1 tsp (5 ml) celery salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) paprika
- 1 bag Arctic Gardens super sweet corn
- ¼ cup (60 ml) butter
- ½ cup (125 ml) milk
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a large pot, boil parsnip, turnip and potatoes in salted water for about 25 minutes.
- In the meantime, in another pot, heat oil on high heat and brown the ground beef.
- Add the spaghetti vegetable mix, garlic and spices.
- Cook until the beef is completely done, then transfer to a large oven-safe casserole dish (lasagna pan).
- In the same casserole, heat the corn to thaw and put on top of the meat.
- Drain the potatoes and root vegetables and mash together with butter and milk.
- Spread the mash on top of the corn and bake in the oven at 375o F (190o C) for about 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
Protein: 27 g
Fat: 23 g
Carbohydrate: 58 g
Fibre: 7 g
Sodium: 240 mg
Recipe ideas using this product
Portions8 - 10
Cooking time50 minutes
Cooking time2 minutes
Cooking time25 minutes
Cooking time5 minutes