The recipes we love
Hummus and roasted vegetables topped with grilled cheese
½ red onion, sliced into thin rings
3 tbsp (45 ml) lime juice
salt and freshly ground pepper
3 tbsp (45 ml) olive oil
Slice 180 g halloumi, sliced into 1/2 inch (1,25 cm) pieces
1 c (250 ml) homemade or store-bought hummus
1/2 c (125 ml) finely sliced radish
2 c (500 ml) baby arugula, baby spinach or sprouts of your choice
- Place red onion rings in a small bowl and sprinkle with lime juice. Salt and marinate for at least 30 minutes. Preheat the barbecue to medium high heat.
- Place green beans on tinfoil and coat with 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Fold the paper to create a papillote and grill for 10 to 15 minutes.
- In a cast iron pan or tinfoil plate on the grill, roast the corn with 1 tbsp (15 ml) of olive oil, salt and pepper. Can also be cooked en papillote like beans.
- Grill the halloumi directly on the grill.
- Spread 1/4 cup (60 ml) of hummus on each plate. Garnish with some beans, roasted corn, radishes, sprouts and grilled halloumi.
- Add the marinated onions with the juice and a drizzle of olive oil.