The recipes we love
Portions 6 - 8
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups (500 ml) potatoes, cubed
- 1 bag Arctic Gardens super sweet corn
- ¼ cup (60 ml) flour
- 5 cups (1.25 litre) chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 can 19 oz (540 ml) diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp (5 ml) chili powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground cumin
- ¼ cup (60 ml) 35% cream
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup (60 ml) fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a large pot, melt butter at medium-high heat. Brown onion, garlic and green pepper for 2 minutes.
- Add potatoes and corn kernels. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Whisk flour into the stock and pour into the pot. Add tomatoes and spices.
- Bring to a boil and let simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Add cream and season to taste.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
Protein: 9 g
Fat: 7 g
Carbohydrate: 41 g
Fibre: 4 g
Sodium: 370 mg
Recipe ideas using this product
Crispy olé olé apetizers & spicy southwest dip, signed Cynthia Marcotte
Preparation 20 minutes
Cooking time 10 minutes