Chicken & Vegetable pot pie
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) butter
- ¼ cup (60 ml) flour
- 3 cups (750 ml) chicken stock
- ¼ cup (60 ml) cream (15 or 35%)
- 2 cups (500 ml) 1/2 bag of Arctic Gardens mixed vegetables
- 4 cups (1 litre) cooked chicken, chopped
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) sundried tomato pesto
- 1 lb (450 g) pie dough
- Preheat the oven to 400o F (200o C).
- In a large saucepan, melt butter on medium-high heat and add flour. Stir until smooth and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour the stock and cream into the pan and whisk. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Add the vegetables and chicken to the sauce. Flavour with sundried tomato pesto and season to taste.
- Pour into an 8-cup (2 litres) rectangular mould.
- Roll the pie dough onto a floured work surface, then place on top of the chicken and vegetables.
- Press the pastry onto the edges of the mould and cut a few slits on the top crust for steam to escape.
- Bake in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until the pie crust is cooked and golden.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
Protein: 40 g
Fat: 16 g
Carbohydrate: 38 g
Fibre: 5 g
Sodium: 407 mg
Recipe ideas using this product
Portions6 - 8
Cooking time55 minutes
Portions4 - 6
Cooking time30 minutes
Cooking time15 minutes