The recipes we love
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2/3 cup (160 ml) fresh parsley
1/3 cup (80 ml) fresh mint leaves
1 to 2 tsp (5 to 10 ml) lemon zest
1 can 19 oz (540 ml) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 tbsp (15 ml) lemon juice
1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
1/4 tsp (1 ml) ground pepper
1/2 cup (125 ml) chickpea or wheat flour
oil for cooking
- Preheat the oven to 475 oF (245 oC).
- In a pot of boiling salted water, cook vegetables for 5 minutes. Drain, rinse under cold water and drain again.
- In a food processor, chop garlic with parsley, mint and lemon zest.
- Add chickpeas and process. Add the lemon juice gradually through the opening to obtain a coarse, but smooth purée. Transfer to a large bowl.
- In the food processor, chop the cold vegetables with salt and pepper. Let the food processor works in order to obtain a purée with small pieces. Transfer to the bowl with the chick peas.
- Mix well and add the chickpea flour.
- Use about 2 tbsp (30 ml) of the mixture to make falafels (balls). Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and baste generously with oil.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the falafels are crispy and golden.
- Serve as is or with a dip.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
Calories: 194, 6
Carbohydrate: 37, 9 g