The recipes we love
Chicken and Mango California Stir Fry
2 tbsp (30 ml) lime juice
1 avocado, cut into small cubes
2 tbsp (30 ml) red onion, chopped
½ cup (125 ml) red bell pepper, cut into small cubes
½ tsp (2 ml) chili powder
3 tbsp (45 ml) fresh cilantro, chopped
Salt and freshly ground pepper
2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
4 chicken breasts, cut into strips
1 bag Arctic Gardens California style vegetables
1/3 cup (80 ml) white wine
½ cup (125 ml) orange juice concentrate
2 tbsp (30 ml) honey
1 mango, peeled and cubed
- In a bowl, mix together the salsa ingredients. Stir and coat the avocado well with the lime juice. Season and let rest at room temperature.
- In a wok or large frying pan, heat half of the oil on high and brown the chicken. Season and set aside.
- In the same wok or pan, heat the remaining oil and stir-fry the vegetables for 4 to 5 minutes until thawed. Set aside.
- Deglaze the pan with the white wine. Add the orange juice concentrate, honey and mango cubes. Let simmer for a few minutes.
- Return the chicken and vegetables to the pan. Reheat and serve with mango salsa.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
Protein: 37 g
Fat: 17 g
Carbohydrate: 41 g
Fibre: 9 g
Sodium: 158 mg