The recipes we love
3 cups (750 ml) Arctic Gardens California style vegetables
1-2 green onions, coarsely chopped
1 clove garlic, peeled
1 can white beans, 19 oz (540 ml), rinsed and drained
1/2 cup (125 ml) breadcrumbs
3/4 cup (180 ml) grated old cheddar cheese (optional)
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1 to 2 tbsp (15 to 30 ml) olive oil
4 to 6 buns
4 to 6 lettuce leaves
8 to 12 dill pickles, sliced
2 tomatoes, sliced
Your choice of condiments (mayo, mustard, ketchup, etc.)
- Preheat the oven to 450 F (230 C).
- In a pot, cook the vegetables in boiling salted water for 10 minutes or until tender.
- In the meantime, chop the green onions and garlic. Put in a food processor. Add the white beans and process. Transfer to a bowl.
- Drain the vegetables in a colander and rinse under cold water to cool. Drain again.
- In a food processor, process the vegetables into a coarse purée. Add to bowl.
- Add breadcrumbs, cheese and season generously.
- Shape into 4 or 6 patties and put on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Baste with oil and bake for 20 minutes. Turn and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Heat the buns. Top each one with a patty, lettuce, pickles, tomatoes and condiments of your choice.
Protein: 18 g
Fat: 13 g
Carbohydrate: 59 g
Fibre: 10 g
Sodium: 410 mg