The recipes we love
1 cup (250 ml) plain yoghurt
2 tbsp (30 ml) freshly chopped mint
1 pinch cayenne pepper
1 tbsp (15 ml) oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
1 tbsp (15 ml) freshly chopped ginger
1 tsp (5 ml) curry powder
1 ½ cups (375 ml) Arctic Gardens sweet peas
2 cups (500 ml) potatoes, cooked and diced
1/3 cup (75 ml) freshly chopped cilantro
about 48 egg roll wrappers, thawed
1 egg, beaten
oil for frying
- In a bowl, mix together yoghurt with mint and cayenne pepper. Add salt to taste and refrigerate while preparing samosas.
- In a large pan, heat oil to medium-high heat and sauté garlic, onion and ginger with curry for 2 minutes.
- Add peas and diced potatoes. Cook while stirring frequently for 5 minutes. Season generously and add cilantro. Remove from heat and let cool.
- On the work surface, spread out a few egg roll wrappers. Baste the edges of each one with the beaten egg.
- Place a large tablespoon of vegetable filling onto each wrapper. Fold in two to make a triangle and press the two edges of the wrapper to seal the samosas well.
- Repeat steps until all the filling has been used. Stuff the samosas as much as possible.
- Add enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan at least 2 inches (5 cm) deep.
- When the oil is nice and hot, use a slotted spoon to add the samosas. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes each side or until the wrappers are nicely browned.
- Drain using the slotted spoon and place on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Serve with yoghurt dip.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
Protein: 17 g
Fat: 12 g
Carbohydrate: 84 g
Fibre: 3 g
Sodium: 275 mg