Fettuccine Alfredo with ham and peas
- 1 lb (450 g) fettuccine
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ¼ cup (60 ml) onion, finely chopped
- 2/3 lb (350 g) ham, cubed
- ¼ cup (60 ml) pine nuts
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) white wine or chicken stock
- 1 ½ cup (375 ml) cooking cream (15 or 35%)
- ½ cup (125 ml) grated parmesan
- ¼ cup (60 ml) fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 cups (1/3 bag) Arctic Gardens peas
- In a large pot, cook fettuccini according to the directions on the package.
- In the meantime, in a large frying pan, melt 1 ½ tbsp (22 ml) of butter at medium-high heat and brown garlic, onion and cubes of ham for 5 minutes.
- While they are browning, in a small pan, melt the remaining butter at medium-high heat and toast the pine nuts. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- In the large saucepan, deglaze with white wine until reduced by half.
- Add the cream and bring to a boil.
- Add the parmesan to the hot cream and stir to melt.
- Add the peas and parsley and simmer until the pasta is finished cooking.
- Drain the pasta quickly and return to the pan. Pour the sauce on top and stir to coat the pasta well.
- Garnish with pine nuts and grated parmesan, if desired. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
Protein: 30 g
Fat: 28 g
Carbohydrate: 73 g
Fibre: 7 g
Sodium: 1000 mg
Recipe ideas using this product
Cooking time20 minutes
Portions4 - 6
Cooking time10 minutes
Cooking time2 minutes
Cooking time50 minutes