The recipes we love
Summer sweet pea and mint soup
30ml (2 tbsp.) butter
1 red onion, diced
1 250 ml (8 oz) of vegetable broth reduced in salt
2 potatoes (2 cups/500ml), diced
3 cups (750ml) ARCTIC GARDENS peas
½ ripe avocado
15 ml (1 tbsp.) (5 leaves) fresh mint
½ lime, juice
125 mL (½ cup) 5% cream
Salt & Pepper from the mill
125 mL (½ cup) Haloumi cheese, grilled and diced
125 mL (½ cup) crumbled bacon
1. In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and add the onion. Cook for about 5 minutes.
2. Add broth, potatoes and bring to a boil.
3. Simmer over low heat for 20 minutes.
4. Add peas and avocado, bring to a boil and simmer for a few minutes.
5. Add the mint and puree the soup with a blender until smooth.
6. Strain the mixture and refrigerate for about 1 hour or until cold.
7. Add lime juice, cream, salt and pepper as needed.
8. Serve in bowls or verrines. Add a few cubes of grilled halloumi cheese, bacon and chopped fresh mint.