Roasted sesame salmon and pea coulis with garden herbs
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp (7 ml) freshly chopped ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 c (500 ml) Arctic Gardens sweet peas
- 1 ½ lbs (675 g) salmon filets with skin on
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) sesame seeds
- 2 tsp (10 ml) grilled sesame oil
- Your choice fresh or mixed herbs (parsley, chive, basil, etc.)
- In a pan on medium heat, heat the olive oil and sauté ginger and garlic for 2 minutes. Remove half of the oil (without ginger or garlic) and allow to cool.
- In the pan, add peas and 1/2 cup (125 ml) water. Cover, increase the heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Cook for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, cut the salmon filet into 4 servings and baste with the olive oil removed from the pan. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Process peas in a food processor, strain through a cheesecloth to remove the skins. Keep warm while cooking the salmon.
- Preheat the barbecue to medium and put the salmon filets skin side down on the grill.
- Cook for 8 to 12 minutes depending on the salmon’s thickness and desired doneness. Slide a spatula between the skin and the flesh of the fish to separate.
- Serve fish with the pea coulis, fresh herbs and a few drops of sesame oil.
Nutrition Facts (per serving) :
Calories: 435, 6
Sodium: 357,2 mg
Photo: California mix
Recipe ideas using this product
Cooking time30 minutes
Cooking time20 minutes
Portions4 - 8
Cooking time15 minutes
Portions4 - 6
Cooking time25 minutes