The recipes we love
Portions 4 - 6
- 300g store-bought pie pastry (shortcrust)
- 5ml (1 tsp.) fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 onions, minced
- 250ml (1 cup) Gruyere cheese, grated
- 250ml (1 cup) 35% whipping cream
- 1 bag (750g) Arctic Gardens Vegetable Soup
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 30ml (2 tbsp.) olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 6 eggs salt and fresh-ground pepper
- 6 basil leaves, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 °F.
- Season pastry with minced garlic and rosemary.
- Roll out crust and arrange in a deep-dish pie plate.
- Parbake for 12 to 15 minutes. Set aside.
- In a heavy-bottomed pot, heat olive oil over medium heat and sauté onions and chopped garlic for 10 minutes or until caramelized.
- Meanwhile, in another pot, blanch (2 minutes) vegetables in salted boiling water. Drain.
- In a bowl, beat eggs with cream and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In another bowl, combine blanched vegetables, basil, and caramelized onions.
- Arrange vegetables in pie crust and pour in egg mixture.
- Top with Gruyère cheese and bake for 25 minutes or until center of quiche is firm and cheese is golden brown.
- Serve hot or cold.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
Protein: 19 g
Fat: 45 g
Carbohydrate: 43 g
Fibre: 5 g
Sodium: 435 mg
Recipe ideas using this product