Vegetable Fried Rice Omelette
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetabIe oil
- 1/2 (375g) Arctic Gardens Oriental Style vegetables
- 2-1/2 cups (625 mL) cooked rice, cooled
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) ketchup
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sodium-reduced soy sauce
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 8 eggs
- 4 tsp (18 mL) butter
- In wok or large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry vegetables until thawed, about 5 minutes. Stir in rice, half each of the salt and pepper, the ketchup and soy sauce; stir-fry until hot. Sprinkle with green onions. Set aside and keep warm.
- In bowl, whisk together eggs, remaining salt and pepper and 2 tbsp (25 mL) water just until blended but not frothy.
- In 8-inch (20 cm) non-stick skillet, melt 1 tsp (5 mL) of the butter over medium heat. Add one-quarter of the egg mixture, making figure eight with spatula to combine. Cook until almost set, about 2 minutes, gently lifting edge with spatula to allow uncooked eggs to flow underneath. Slide onto plate.
- Spoon one-quarter of the rice mixture on bottom half of omelette; fold top half over. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
Protein: 17 g
Fat: 15 g
Carbohydrate: 40 g
Fibre: 3 g
Sodium: 612 mg
Recipe ideas using this product
Portions6 - 8
Cooking time58 minutes
Cooking time18 minutes
Cooking time10 minutes
Cooking time15 minutes