Pork Chops and Orleans Style Vegetables
- 1 bag (750g) Arctic Gardens Orleans vegetables
- 200 ml (3/4 cup) apple juice
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) all purpose flour
- 8 boneless pork loin chops, 1/4" (6 mm) thick, trimmed
- Salt, pepper, sage and garlic powder, to taste
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) butter or margarine
- 250 ml (1 cup) water
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) dehydrated beef stock mix
5 ml (1 tsp) Dijon mustard
- In a screw-top jar, combine apple juice and flour. Shake until smooth. Set aside.
- Season pork chops with salt, pepper, sage and garlic powder.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Brown chops 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or to taste. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, add water, dehydrated beef stock mix, Dijon mustard and the vegetable mix. Cover (with a cover or foil) and bring to a boil. Simmer over medium heat 3 minutes, stirring twice.
- Add apple juice and flour mixture; cook and stir until sauce is thickened and vegetables are tender.
- Return chops to skillet and coat with sauce. Reheat for 1 minute, if necessary and serve.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
Protein: 31 g
Fat: 13 g
Carbohydrate: 20 g
Fibre: 3 g
Sodium: 595 mg
Recipe ideas using this product
Cooking time5 minutes
Cooking time20 minutes
Cooking time25 minutes
Cooking time15 minutes