- 1 lime, quartered
- 2 cups (500 ml) bean sprouts
- 1 bunch Thai basil
- Asian hot sauce (Sriracha)
- Hoisin sauce
- 12 cups (3 litres) chicken or vegetable stock
- ½ tsp (2 ml) Chinese five spice
- Salt, to taste
- 1 bag Arctic Gardens Oriental style vegetables
- ½ lb (225 g) rice noodles
- ¼ cup (60 ml) fresh cilantro, minced (leaves and stems)
- On a plate, place lime, bean sprouts and Thai basil. Pour the sauces into two small bowls. Set everything in the middle of the table.
- In a large pot, bring the stock to a boil.
- Add the spices, salt and vegetables. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, cook the rice noodles according to the directions on the package. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Divide the noodles and cilantro equally into the bowls. Add the boiling stock and vegetables.
- Serve immediately. Serve with lime, bean sprouts, Thai basil and sauces. Each person will add whatever they like to their own soup.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
Protein: 21 g
Fat: 6 g
Carbohydrate: 41 g
Fibre: 6 g
Sodium: 355 mg
Recipe ideas using this product
Cooking time2h 30 minutes
Cooking time4 minutes
Cooking time45 minutes
Cooking time15 minutes