Mixed Vegetable Ratatouille
- 250ml olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 large greenhouse tomatoes, washed thinly sliced
- 5 fresh oregano leaves, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, washed and quarter sliced
- 60ml cup white wine
- 30ml 35% cooking cream
- 1 large eggplant, washed and thinly sliced
- 1 large zucchini, washed and thinly sliced
- 15ml butter
- Half a bag (375g) Arctic Gardens Mixed Vegetables
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves removed
- salt and ground pepper
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 2 balls mozzarella di bufala, thinly sliced
- Combine olive oil, eggplant, zucchini, and garlic in a large bowl. Season.
- Sauté eggplant and zucchini on a hot skillet without browning too much.
- Lay eggplant and zucchini on a paper towel after cooking. Place tomatoes on a paper towel and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Melt butter in a skillet and sauté mixed vegetables with fresh oregano and thyme. Season.
- Poach bell peppers in a small saucepan with garlic and white wine. Cook for 20 minutes, until dry. Crush using a hand blender and incorporate cream. Season.
- Layer eggplant and zucchini mixture with mixed vegetables. Top with mozzarella di bufala and bell pepper coulis. Serve.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
Protein: 11 g
Fat: 68 g
Carbohydrate: 25 g
Fibre: 9 g
Sodium: 200 mg
Recipe ideas using this product
Cooking time50 minutes
Portions4 - 6
Cooking time20 minutes
Portions6 - 8
Cooking time30 minutes