Italian Meat Sauce
Portions8 - 10
- 1 bag (600g) of Arctic Gardens Vegetables for Spaghettini
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 5 oz (150 g) pancetta, cubed
- 1 lb (450 g) lean ground pork
- 2 lbs (900 g) lean ground beef
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 4 cups (1 litre) tomato sauce
- ½ c (125 ml) tomato paste
- ½ c (125 ml) chili sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) mixed dried
- Italian herbs or Italian seasoning
- Salt and freshly ground
- In a large pot, heat oil on high and brown pancetta for 5 minutes.
- Gradually add meat and brown.
- Add Vegetables for Spaghettini and garlic.Stir until the meat is cooked through.
- Add tomato sauce, chili sauce and herbs. Season to taste.
- Simmer for 1 hour and 30 minutes. Serve on spaghettini.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
Protein 42 g
Fat 39 g
Carbohydrate 18 g
Fibre 5 g
Sodium 500 mg
Recipe ideas using this product
Cooking time4 minutes
Portions4 - 6
Cooking time15 minutes
Cooking time14 minutes