Slow cooker veggies for enchiladas
4 c (1 litre) tomato sauce
1 ½ c (375 ml) salsa
2 cans 14 oz (398 ml) cans red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 can 14 oz (398 ml) black beans, rinsed and drained
1 1/2 cups (375 ml) (1 ½ tasse) Arctic Gardens vegetables for spaghetti or spaghettini
1 1/2 cups (375 ml) Arctic Gardens super sweet corn
2 tbsp (30 ml) Tel Mex spice mix
18 small corn tortillas
1 ½ to 2 c (375 to 500 ml) grated cheddar
Freshly chopped cilantro, to taste
- Combine tomato sauce with salsa and pour 1 cup (250 ml) of the mixture into the slow cooker. Set aside the remaining sauce in the fridge.
- Empty a can of red kidney beans into a plate and crush with a masher or fork.
- In the slow cooker, add the whole and crushed beans, vegetables and spices. Mix well.
- Cook on high for 2 to 3 hours or on low for 4 to 6 hours.
- When done, correct the seasoning and top with tortillas. Roll and place in a lasagna dish.
- Top with tomato sauce and salsa mixture, sprinkle with cheese and bake in the oven preheated to 425 oF (210 oC) for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with sour cream.
Suggestion: The slow cooker veggies can be used to make tacos or enjoy as a chili.
Nutrition Facts (per serving) :
Calories: 542, 2
Carbohydrate: 79, 8 g
Fibre: 15, 6 g
Sodium: 2738, 1mg
Recipe ideas using this product
Portions4 - 8
Cooking time2 minutes
Portions8 - 10
Cooking time1h 15 minutes