The recipes we love
Chilled fennel cauliflower soup with pear
30 ml (2 tbsp.) olive oil
1 liter (4 cups) minced fennel (one bulb)
4 green onions (white part) or ½ onion, coarsely chopped
1 liter (4 cups) vegetable broth reduced in salt
2 Barlett pears, peeled and cut into pieces
1 kaffir lime leaf (optional)
Salt & Pepper mill Timut pepper (4 to 6 berries) - (optional, adds a floral note)
1 Barlett pear
125 ml (½ cup) crushed toasted hazelnuts
125ml (½ cup) crumbled blue cheese
1. In a saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat and sauté fennel, onion and cauliflower rice for 5 to 10 minutes or until tender, but do not caramelize.
2. Add broth, pear pieces, lime leaf and timut pepper and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes over medium-low heat.
3. Remove kaffir lime leaf and timut pepper berries.
4. Using a blender, puree until smooth and season to taste.
5. Chill completely in refrigerator, minimum 1 hour.
6. Serve in bowls and garnish with small dice or thin slices of pear, toasted hazelnuts and blue cheese.