Chilled fennel cauliflower soup with pear
30 ml (2 tbsp.) olive oil
1 liter (4 cups) minced fennel (one bulb)
4 green onions (white part) or ½ onion, coarsely chopped
1 bag of ARCTIC GARDENS cauliflower rice
1 liter (4 cups) vegetable broth reduced in salt
2 Barlett pears, peeled and cut into pieces
1 kaffir lime leaf (optional)
Salt & Pepper mill Timut pepper (4 to 6 berries) - (optional, adds a floral note)
1 Barlett pear
125 ml (½ cup) crushed toasted hazelnuts
125ml (½ cup) crumbled blue cheese
1. In a saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat and sauté fennel, onion and cauliflower rice for 5 to 10 minutes or until tender, but do not caramelize.
2. Add broth, pear pieces, lime leaf and timut pepper and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes over medium-low heat.
3. Remove kaffir lime leaf and timut pepper berries.
4. Using a blender, puree until smooth and season to taste.
5. Chill completely in refrigerator, minimum 1 hour.
6. Serve in bowls and garnish with small dice or thin slices of pear, toasted hazelnuts and blue cheese.
Recipe ideas using this product
Cooking time5 minutes
Cooking time20 minutes
Cooking time2 minutes
Cooking time50 minutes