The recipes we love
Cheddar Broccoli Gratin
- 1 bag (500g) Arctic Gardens broccoli
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) butter
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) flour
- 250 ml (1 cup) chicken broth
- 250 ml (1 cup) milk
- 190 ml (3/4 cup) strong cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Melt butter in a saucepan.
- Add flour, stir and cook for about 2 minutes or until the flour is golden.
- Add chicken broth and milk, stir until mixture is smooth.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring until sauce is thick. Season to taste
- Add the broccoli, cook for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer to an ovenproof dish, garnish with cheese and broil "Broil".
Suggestions: add strips of ham at the same time as the vegetables. Substitute 45 mL (3 tbsp) of Dijon mustard for strong cheddar cheese.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
Protein: 12 g
Fat: 16 g
Carbohydrate: 14 g
Fibre: 3 g
Sodium: 300 mg