Broccoli and super fruit protein smoothie
- 2/3 c (160 ml) Arctic Gardens broccoli florets
- 2/3 c (160 ml) bananas, frozen and sliced
- 1/4 avocado
- 1 1/3 c (330 ml) mix of frozen super fruits (blueberries, blackberries, pomegranate, cherries, etc.)
- 1 c (250 ml) cranberry juice with no added sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) nut butter, your choice
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) honey or maple syrup
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) oat flakes
- 1 tsp (5 ml) chia seeds
- 1 tsp (5 ml) hemp seeds
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground flax seeds
1 c (250 ml) non-dairy milk
- Boil or steam broccoli florets for 2 minutes to thaw. Let cool.
- In a blender, combine all ingredients except non-dairy milk.
- Process until smooth.
- Gradually add the non-dairy milk through the opening of the blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. Adjust the quantity of juice or non-dairy milk to obtain desired consistency.
- Pour into 2 large glasses and enjoy.
- Smoothie bowl version : Proceed the same way, but use half the cranberry juice and save the seeds as a garnish (double the quantity, if desired). Add fresh fruit, nuts, nut butter and/or granola.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
Calories: 655 kcal
Protein: 9,2 g
Fat: 41.9 g
Carbohydrate: 49,5 g
Fibre: 11,6 g
Sodium: 37,4 mg
Recipe ideas using this product
Cooking time15 minutes
Portions2 - 4
Cooking time20 minutes
Cooking time5 minutes
Portions4 - 6
Cooking time2 minutes