Vegetarian Pad Thai
- 45 mL (3 tbsp.) tamarind puree
- 45 mL (3 tbsp.) fish sauce
- 45 mL (3 tbsp.) oyster sauce
- 60 mL (¼ cup) pressed brown sugar
- 15 mL (1 tbsp.) sambal oelek
- 225 g (1/2 lb) narrow rice noodles
- 15 mL (1 tbsp.) vegetable oil
- 1 bag Arctic Gardens Thai Style Stir-Fry Vegetables
- 225 g (1/2 lb) store-bought marinated tofu or marinated in soy sauce, diced
- 2 eggs
- 1 liter (4 cups) bean sprouts
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 60 to 80 mL (1/4 to 1/3 cup) chopped peanuts
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 lime, cut into quarters
- To taste, hot sauce
- Prepare noodles according to package instructions, either by soaking or cooking in a pot of boiling water. Drain, rinse with cold water and drain again.
- In a bowl, combine sauce ingredients. Set aside.
- In a wok or large skillet, heat oil over high heat and sauté vegetables for 5 minutes.
- Add diced tofu and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Push the vegetables and tofu to the sides and add the eggs to the center of the pan. Cook like scrambled eggs.
- Reduce heat to medium, add noodles, bean sprouts and sauce.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 2 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Serve noodles topped with green onions, peanuts and cilantro and accompanied by lime and hot sauce.
Recipe ideas using this product
Cooking time10 minutes
Cooking time15 minutes
Cooking time13 minutes