The recipes we love
Quinoa with Chicken and Vegetables
4 tsp (20 ml) canola oil
1 lb (450 g) chicken cut into strips (thighs or breast)
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tbsp (15 ml) freshly chopped ginger
4 cups (1 litre) cooked quinoa
1/2 cup (125 ml) low sodium sauce soya or tamari (gluten-free)
2 tbsp (30 ml) tomato paste
3-4 green onions, chopped
- In a large pan or wok, heat half of the oil at medium-high and brown the chicken with garlic and ginger for 5 minutes. Set aside in a bowl.
- Add remaining oil to the pan and stir-fry the vegetables on high until they have thawed, about 5 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the pan and add the quinoa.
- Mix the soya sauce together with tomato paste. Pour into the pan and stir.
- Reheat while stirring gently.
- Garnish with green onions.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
Protein: 39 g
Fat: 10 g
Carbohydrate: 50 g
Fibre: 9 g
Sodium: 1255 mg