The recipes we love
Mexican salmon pâté
2 cups (500 ml) mashed potatoes
2 cans salmon, drained
3 cups (750 ml) Arctic Gardens vegetables for chili
1 tbsp (15 ml) chili powder
Salt and ground pepper
1 lb (450 g) pie crust
- Preheat the oven to 375o F (190o C).
- In a large bowl, mix together the mashed potatoes with salmon, vegetables and chili powder. Season to taste.
- Separate the pie crust into two pieces. Place the first piece onto a floured work surface and cover the bottom of a deep pie plate.
- Add the salmon and vegetable mixture.
- Put the second piece of the pie crust onto the floured work surface and cover the mixture.
- Press the edges of the crusts together, cut off excess and slice the top of the crust a few times.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 45 minutes or until the crush is cooked and golden.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
Protein: 18 g
Fat: 20 g
Carbohydrate: 41 g
Fibre: 4 g
Sodium: 645 mg