The recipes we love
Portions 4 - 6
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 bag Arctic Gardens Italian style vegetables
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 can 28 oz (798 ml) chopped tomatoes
- 8 cups (2 litres) chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup (250 ml) pennette or other small pasta
- ¼ cup (60 ml) fresh basil or oregano, chopped
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) feta, crumbled
- In a large pot, heat oil on high heat and brown onion, garlic and vegetables for 5 minutes. Season.
- Pour the tomatoes and stock onto the vegetables.
- Bring to a boil and add pennette.
- Lower the heat to medium, cover and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add basil or oregano. Correct the seasoning and pour into bowls. Garnish each bowl with crumbled feta.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
Protein: 15 g
Fat: 9 g
Carbohydrate: 38 g
Fibre: 4 g
Sodium: 820 mg
Recipe ideas using this product