The recipes we love
Crispy olé olé apetizers & spicy southwest dip, signed Cynthia Marcotte
2 cups (500 ml) Arctic Gardens vegetable for spaghetti
1 c (250 ml) Arctic Gardens supersweet corn
8 nuggets Arctic Gardens Southwestern style dip, thawed and reheated
1 tsp (5 ml) hot sauce (your choice)
Salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 lb (225 g) wonton wrappers
2 tsp (10 ml) toasted sesame oil
About 7 nuggets Arctic Gardens red pepper dip, thawed
Hot sauce, to taste
- Place the rack in the top of the oven and preheat the broiler. Spread the vegetables for spaghetti sauce and the corn onto a baking sheet lined with a silicon mat and broil for 6-7 minutes watching closely. When the vegetables are golden, remove them from the oven and lower the temperature to 450°F (230°C).
- Place the corn and grilled vegetable mixture into a large bowl. Add the dip and hot sauce. Mix together and season to taste.
- Put a wonton wrapper onto the work surface. In the centre, put 1 tbsp (15 ml) of the vegetable preparation and moisten the edges of the wrapper with water.
- Fold the wrapper to make a triangle gluing two opposite corners together. Put the appetizer on the baking sheet lined with the silicon mat and repeat the procedure with the remaining wrappers until 24 appetizers are made.
- Baste the appetizers with the toasted sesame oil and bake for 10 minutes or until the wrappers are nicely grilled.
- During cooking, put the dip into a small serving bowl.
- Serve the appetizers hot with the dip on the side.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
Protein: 7 g
Fat: 4 g
Carbohydrate: 54 g
Fibre: 4 g
Sodium: 777 mg