The recipes we love
Black pepper tempeh with vegetables stir fry, signed Max L'Affamé
200 g plain tempeh (frozen)
5 tbsp cornstarch
200 g Asian noodles
3 tbsp vegetable oil
4 tbsp ginger, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 stalk lemongrass, finely chopped
1 hot chilli pepper, finely chopped
1 tbsp rice vinegar
5 tbsp soya sauce
8 tbsp water
5 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp freshly ground pepper
1 tbsp sesame seeds
½ tsp sesame seed oil
1 lime, zest and juice
1 green onion, chopped
1 bag Arctic Gardens vegetables for Yin Yang stir-fry (750 g)
2 tbsp coconut oil
- Bring 8 cups of water to a boil. Boil tempeh for 10 minutes.
- Cut tempeh into 1" cubes..
- Coat tempeh in cornstarch.
- In a hot pan, cook tempeh in vegetable oil to make them crispy. Set aside.
- In boiling water, cook noodles according to package instructions. Drain, add 3 drops of sesame oil and set aside.
- In a wok, cook Arctic Gardens Yin Yang style stir-fry vegetables in coconut oil and 4 drops of sesame oil for 7 minutes. Set aside.
- In a pan, stir-fry a little vegetable oil, ginger, garlic, lemongrass and hot pepper. Add rice vinegar, maple syrup, soya sauce, black pepper, 4 drops of sesame oil, lime zest and juice. Simmer for 2 minutes. Dilute with one tbsp of cornstarch with two tbsp of water and add to the sauce. Add tempeh and coat well. .
In a bowl, divide the bowl into 3 parts: one for the noodles, the other for Arctic Gardens vegetables and the last for the tempeh. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and top with chopped green onions
Nutrition Facts ( per serving ) :
Calories: 618, 1
Carbohydrate: 77, 9 g