The recipes we love
Vegetable and sausage strata
1 lb (450 g) Toulouse sausages
3 cups (750 ml) bread, cubed
1 ½ cups (375 ml) milk
1 tsp (5 ml) Italian seasoning
Salt and ground black pepper
1 ½ cups (375 ml) Swiss cheese, cubed
Sauce for tomato and basil pasta - optional
- In a pot, add sausages and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook for 7 to 10 minutes. Drain and slice sausage into discs.
- Preheat the oven to 425o F (230o C).
- In a lasagna pan, mix the vegetables, bread and sausage.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with milk and herbs. Season.
- Pour into the pan and mix all the ingredients well to moisten.
- Add cheese and stir to incorporate the mixture.
- Bake in the oven for about 50 minutes or until the egg mixture is completely cooked.
- If desired, served with heated tomato sauce.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
Protein: 24 g
Fat: 28 g
Carbohydrate: 18 g
Fibre: 2 g
Sodium: 743 mg