The recipes we love
Thai Red Lentil Soup
1 tbsp (15 ml) canola oil
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tbsp (15 ml) freshly chopped ginger
1 cup (250 ml) dry red lentils
3 cups (750 ml) vegetable stock
1 to 2 tbsp (15 to 30 ml) red or yellow Thai curry paste
1 can coconut milk, 14 oz (398 ml)
¼ cup (60 ml) freshly chopped basil or cilantro
- In a pan, heat oil to medium and sauté garlic and ginger for 1 minute.
- Add lentils, stock, curry paste and coconut milk. Salt to taste.
- Bring to a boil, cover and let simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until lentils are tender.
- Add vegetables and cook at medium heat for 10 minutes. If desired, cut beans and baby corn into smaller pieces so they are easier to eat.
- Top with fresh basil or cilantro.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
Protein: 18 g
Fat: 18 g
Carbohydrate: 45 g
Fibre: 9 g
Sodium: 280 mg