The recipes we love
Slow Cooker Maple Blade Roast
2 onions, cut into rings
3 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
2 lbs (900 g) blade roast
1 ¼ cups (310 ml) demi-glace
1/3 cup (80 ml) maple syrup
2 to 3 bay leaves
5 sprigs fresh thyme
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1 bag Arctic Gardens vegetables for slow cooker (thawed)
1/2 bag Arctic Gardens whole green beans (thawed)
- Put onions and garlic in a slow cooker.
- Place blade roast on top of the bed of onions.
- Mix the demi-glace and maple syrup together and pour into the slow cooker.
- Add herbs, salt and pepper. Layer the slow cooker vegetables on top, followed by the beans. Add more salt and pepper.
- Set the slow cooker on high for 5 to 6 hours or on low for 7 to 8 hours.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
Protein: 38 g
Fat: 6 g
Carbohydrate: 34 g
Fibre: 6 g
Sodium: 423 mg