The recipes we love
Portions 6 - 8
- 10 cups (2.5 litres) potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) oil
- 2.2 lbs (1 kg) lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground coriander
- 1 tsp (5 ml) celery salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) paprika
- 1 bag Arctic Gardens super sweet corn
- ¼ cup (60 ml) butter
- ½ cup (125 ml) milk
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender, about 25 minutes.
- In the meantime, in a large saucepan, heat oil on high and brown ground beef.
- Add onion, garlic and spices. Cook until the meat is cooked through. Transfer to a large oven-proof casserole dish (lasagna dish).
- In the same pan, heat the corn until thawed and put on top of the meat.
- Drain the potatoes and mash with butter and milk. Season.
- Cover the corn with the mashed potatoes and bake in the oven at 375o F (190o C) for about 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
Protein: 50 g
Fat: 32 g
Carbohydrate: 71 g
Fibre: 6 g
Sodium: 230 mg
Recipe ideas using this product