The recipes we love
Pickled Creole vegetables
1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, finely chopped
1 tbsp (15 ml) freshly chopped ginger
½ tsp (2 ml) turmeric
Salt and ground pepper
4 cups (1 litre) chopped cabbage
1 tbsp (15 ml) white vinegar
- In a large pot, bring salted water to a boil and cook vegetables for 2 minutes to thaw. Drain in a colander and rinse under cold water. Drain well.
- Julien the vegetables.
- In a large pan, heat oil at medium-high and sauté garlic, onions and ginger with the turmeric for 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetables and cook while stirring frequently for 5 minutes. Season generously.
- Add cabbage and cook until tender.
- Remove from heat, add vinegar, stir and serve as a side.