The recipes we love
Marinated bean salad in mason jars
1/2 cup (125 ml) canola oil
1/4 cup (60 ml) rice vinegar
1/3 cup (80 ml) lime juice
2 tbsp (30 ml) good quality soya sauce
1 tsp (5 ml) miso
1 tsp (5 ml) sambal oelek
4 cloves garlic, shoots removed, quartered
1 tbsp (15 ml) freshly chopped ginger
1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- In a pot of boiling salted water, cook the beans for 5 minutes. Drain, rinse under cold water and drain again.
- Place the beans vertically as much as possible into three 2-cup (500 ml) mason jars. Pack tightly.
- In a pot, bring to a boil vinegar and all ingredients except oil. Boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add oil and stir well.
- Pour the hot marinade onto the beans and separate into the three jars.
- Close the jars immediately. Let cool, then put in the fridge. Marinate for a few days before enjoying. Shake the jars occasionally.