The recipes we love
Hot spinach and artichoke dip, signed Cynthia Marcotte
1/2 cube semi-firm silken tofu, mashed with a fork
1/3 c (80 ml) light cream cheese, softened
1/3 c (80 ml) cheddar cheese, grated
12 nuggets Arctic Gardens’ spinach and artichoke dip mix , reheated*
1/4 c (60 ml) sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
1/2 c (125 ml) old-fashioned rolled oats
3 tbsp (45 ml) parmesan, finely grated
1 tbsp (15 ml) margarine
2 tsp (10 ml) onion powder
1 tbsp (15 ml) thyme, freshly chopped
* Follow package directions
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
- Put tofu, cream cheese, cheddar, spinach and sun-dried tomatoes in a heat-resistant serving dish**. Stir vigorously with a fork to obtain a smooth dip.
- In a small bowl, mix together oats, parmesan, margarine, onion powder and thyme. Spread the mixture in an even layer on top of the dip.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then finish under the grill until the topping is golden and crunchy.
- Serve on crackers, toast or raw veggies.
** The dish must hold about 2 cups and not be too deep.