The recipes we love
1 lb (450 g) ground beef
2 cups (500 ml) Arctic Gardens spaghetti vegetables
1 can 19 oz (540 ml) red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
2 cups (500 ml) Arctic Gardens super sweet corn
2 cups (500 ml) mild, medium or spicy salsa, to taste
2 cups (500 ml) crushed tomatoes
1 cup (250 ml) water
1 can 5 ½ oz (156 ml) tomato paste
½ tsp (2 ml) chili powder
½ tsp (2 ml) ground cumin
½ tsp (2 ml) ground coriander
Salt and freshly ground pepper
12 ready-to-cook lasagna sheets (no precooking required)
4 cups (1 litre) mix of grated mozzarella and cheddar cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 350o F (180o C).
2. In a large pot, brown the ground beef on high heat.
3. Add the vegetables, kidney beans and corn. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
4. Add the salsa, crushed tomatoes, water, tomato paste and spices. Season generously.
5. Stir well and simmer for 5 minutes.
6. In a casserole dish, layer as follows: chili, lasagna noodles, chili, cheese, lasagna noodles, chili, lasagna noodles, chili, cheese.
7. Cover with aluminum foil and bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and cook for another 20 minutes or until the lasagna is tender and the cheese golden.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
Protein: 37 g
Fat: 23 g
Carbohydrate: 58 g
Fibre: 9 g
Sodium: 1000 mg