The recipes we love
Portions 4 - 6
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) butter
- 1/2 bag (375g) Arctic Gardens Mixed Vegetables
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) flour
- 2 cups (500 ml) chicken stock
- ½ cup (125 ml) 15% cooking cream
- ½ tsp (2 ml) herbes de Provence (mixed herbs)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 to 6 vol-au-vent shells
- 3 cups (750 ml) cooked chicken, cubed
- In a large saucepan, melt half of the butter on high heat and sauté vegetables until thawed. Set aside.
- In the same pan, melt the remaining butter and add the flour. Whisk until smooth and continue cooking for 2 minutes.
- Add the stock and cream while whisking. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 5 minutes or until thickened. Add herbs and season.
- In the meantime, heat the vol-au-vent shells according to the directions on the package.
- Add the reserved vegetables and chicken to the heated sauce. Reheat for a few minutes.
- Pour the chicken and vegetable sauce into the heated vol-au-vents. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
Protein: 25 g
Fat: 28 g
Carbohydrate: 31 g
Fibre: 3 g
Sodium: 375 mg
Recipe ideas using this product
Chicken & Bacon Pot Pie with Goat Cheese
Portions 6 - 8
Preparation 30 minutes
Cooking time 55 minutes