The recipes we love
Black bean spaghetti sauce
6 cloves garlic, chopped
2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
2 cans 28 oz (796 ml) chopped tomatoes
1 can 5 ½ oz (156 ml) tomato paste
1 can 14 oz (398 ml) black turtle beans, drained and rinsed
2 bay leaf
1 tsp (5 ml) salt
1 tsp (5 ml) dried oregano
1 tsp (5 ml) dried basil
1/4 to 1/2 tsp (2 ml) crushed chili powder
1 tbsp (15 ml) freshly chopped parsley
- Sauté garlic in oil until golden.
- Add remaining ingredients except parsley.
- Simmer slowly, covered, stirring occasionally for about an hour or until desired consistency is reached.
- Remove bay leaf, correct seasoning and add parsley.
- Serve on spaghetti or preferred pasta.